Translate

Monday, August 13, 2012

My Adventure with... StriVectin-SD Part 1

As every woman who has ever been pregnant knows, pregnancy can a wonderful thing. Some would even say a miracle from god, and while pregnancy truly is something special that only a woman who has experienced it could understand; it can also be torture on your body. Morning sickness, weight gain, the constant kick in the ribs from your little one, and the dreaded STRETCH MARKS.

If you're anything like me, you bought every cream you could and slathered it on several times a day to help prevent those ugly marks, but unfortunately it did not work. I only gained about 35 lbs while I was pregnant so I stayed within the normal range, however, it didn't seem to matter because I got stretch marks all over my stomach. Dermatologists and even my OB/GYN told me "Don't worry they will fade with time," I'm sure that's true but maybe I would like to start wearing my bikini now.

I'm always complaining to my boyfriend about how ugly my stretch marks are and how much I hate them, somewhere along the way he must have actually been listening to what I said because two weeks ago he bought me a bottle of the uber-expensive stretch cream StriVectin SD. (As pictured below)
I received my bottle in the mail today, and decided I'm going to document my results and post it on my blog as a "review." According to the company the special ingredients they use are supposed to stimulate the production of collagen and elastin to help reduce the appearance of wrinkles and stretch marks. There are other ingredients in StriVectin that are said to be beneficial to your skin but I'm not going to get into that right now.

DISCLAIMER: I'm going to let everyone know right now I have an older version of StriVectin-SD, the newer bottles contain Niacin, however; this product has been around since December of 2002 and used by millions worldwide. Therefore it's good enough for me.

I will be using this product as instructed by the directions on the back twice a day every day for the next 8 weeks, and I will post updates on my progress throughout the next 8 weeks. They won't be daily updates because I really don't have the time and I want to give the product time to work. 

Day 1:

This is my before picture:
Scary I know haha. As you can see I have stretch marks all over my lower stomach, hopefully within the next few weeks they won't be so bad, I guess we are going to find out. If this doesn't work then it's laser surgery for me.

If you would like to purchase your own bottle of StriVectin you can buy at a variety of in-store retailers such as: Nordstroms and Costco are the only two that I personally know of but I'm sure there are others depending on where you live. You can also purchase it online directly from their website: http://www.strivectin.com/ and/or Amazon, among others.

No comments:

Post a Comment