Translate

Monday, December 17, 2012

Holiday Brisket Recipe

It's been quite awhile since my last blog post and I apologize for that, I've been busy with my very mobile 19 month old. Anyway we all know the holidays are coming closer and closer about a week to be exact, so I decided to put up the recipe for one of my favorite holiday meals, Brisket. I usually make this every year for Hanukkah because I am in fact Jewish but the truth is, this recipe can work for any holiday celebration and is absolutely delicious and super simple to make.




Serves: 6-8 people
Prep time: 15 minute

Ingredients:
1 4lb brisket
1 and half cups of grape tomatoes 
1 cup of white white
2 and half cups of beef stock
2 packets of onion soup mix

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

2. Place the grape tomatoes into the food processor and blend for about 2 minutes or until it looks like a nice tomatoey sauce. (You can also substitute 1 can of tomato sauce for this and skip this sauce if desired, I personally prefer to use the grape tomatoes)

3. Place the brisket in a large roasting pan and pour the onion soup packets all over the brisket then add the tomato mixture, white wine , and beef stock to the pan.

4. Place the brisket in the oven for 3 and half to 4 hours, until nice and tender. Let sit for 5 minutes to cool place sauce mixture over the finished brisket.

My whole family loves this, I actually just made it last night for Hanukkah in the picture above mine was served with latkes and asparagus you can use whatever sides you like. Tip: sometimes I will take the brisket out of the oven and cut a piece off and try it to make sure it's nice and tender just like in the picture below:


If you have any questions feel free to leave a comment below and I will try to respond as soon as possible! Happy Holidays everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment